Related pages here at Craft Labrador:
Dept. of Tourism, Culture, Industry and Innovation:
Canada Business Network:
- Resources for Starting a Business
- Checklists and Guides for Starting a Business
- Business Planning
- Business Start-Up Guide Newfoundland and Labrador (PDF)
- CBDC Labrador Business Planning Tools
- CBDC Labrador Funding for Skills Training
- SEA – Self Employment Assistance Benefit Program
- Youth Ventures
- Not everyone has easy access to a college classroom. The College’s Office of Distributed Learning provides web-based online access to College credit courses as well as certificate and diploma programs that you can access anywhere you have an internet connection.
- This guide is available for a fee.
- A national, non-profit organization that provides financing, mentoring and support tools to aspiring business owners aged 18-39. Their mentoring program matches young entrepreneurs with a business expert from a network of more than 2,800 volunteer mentors.
- SmartForceNL is a partnership between Bluedrop, NATI & Newfoundland and Labrador’s Department of Advanced Education and Skills that gives every resident of the province access to:
- Free online courses on the most workplace topics to improve skills and career prospects
- A CoursePark Lifelong Learning Profile to share with colleagues and employers
- Career development tips and online communities for professionals
- The ability to build their own courses and sell them to the world
- SmartForceNL also gives every Business and Not for Profit the ability to have a Training Solution for their staff at no cost.
- Entrepreneurs Everywhere is a rural business accelerator that caters to small business. It is designed to develop business ideas, empower entrepreneurs with core business training, and connect entrepreneurs with collaborators and mentors in their community. This program will assist clients as they develop concepts in a collaborative environment. During this program, entrepreneurs will incubate and test small-business ideas through active market validation. The training component will help entrepreneurs develop basic skills in accounting, finance, marketing, operations management and legal issues.
Resources from Outside of Canada
- Based in the United States, the Arts Business Institute offers online courses on pricing and marketing for a fee.
- Based in the UK, The Design Trust has free resources specifically about starting and growing a craft based business. They also offer online training for a fee.